Ice Cream Party Ideas

"I scream, you scream and we all scream for ice cream".Yess!!! you guessed it right, Ice cream was the theme of my daughter's party.
Who doesn't like ice cream? My four-year-old daughter just loves ice cream. This theme was so much fun to put together.


Unique ice cream party ideas with ice cream parlor photobooth and giant ice cream props neon sign

Below is the list of things which I made for the party.

  1. Ice cream party Invitations 
  2. DIY tabletop canopy
  3. Cardboard Ice cream truck
  4. Giant ice cream 3d 
  5. Giant ice cream props
  6. Fake neon wire sign
  7. Ice cream party photo booth
  8. DIY Lemonade Stand 
  9. Ice cream party giant Pinata
  10. Ice cream party games
  11. Cake
  12. Ice cream party food
  13. Ice cream party favor bags
So let us talk about them.

 Invitations
Below are the invites which I made for the party. They looked so adorable. Instead of putting them in an envelope, I made the covers from butter paper and wrapped them to look like Popsicle covers.



Ice cream party invitation ideas



Ice cream party invitation ideas
Ice cream party invitations
Ice cream party invitation cover




Ice Cream Party Table Decorations
Next was the dessert table set up. Ever since I decided to do an Ice cream themed party I wanted a tabletop canopy, as it looks beautiful and was perfect for this theme. I wanted to give the table an Ice cream cart look. But it wasn't easy to find one so I built it. To see step by step procedure click on the link DIY tabletop canopy
 The light was once again not my friend. I placed it right in front of the window so some light was peeping from the back of the cloth, it doesn't do justice to the beautiful pink stripe cloth but it looked beautiful.

ice cream party table top canopy ideas
Dessert Table decorations

pink ice cream party table decoartions
Table decorations

Below are some other table decorations


Ice cream party decorations



Ice cream party Props

Below is the photo of Lifesize ice cream prop. I must tell you this is so far the most challenging project I took up. It was a bit tricky. But in the end, all the hard work did pay off. It turned out awesome and everybody liked it. 

Life-size ice cream props, Giant ice cream props


This was placed with the innovative photo booth as below.

Ice cream party Photo Booth

Giant ice cream prop was placed with Photo Booth. The photo booth was an ice cream parlor background as below.

Ice cream shop background photo-booth with pink and yellow giant ice cream cone prop
Ice cream party photo booth




The initial plan was to use the cafe wall as the entrance doorway, where everybody enters through the door as if they are entering an ice cream shop as below, but it was too windy and it did snow a day before(yes, I know it is upsetting but as they say the show must go on ) so I decided to use it as photo booth rather than entrance and it turned out great.
Ice cream party entrance ideas
Ice cream party entrance decorations


Ice cream shop background photobooth with giant . ice cream cone prop and ice cream party chalkboard
Ice cream party photo booth


Ice cream party chalkboard
Chalkboard ice cream party


Apart from this, I made a few more Giant ice cream props to decorate outdoors. One was put up above the ice cream truck.

Mint, green white cardboard ice cream truck with the giant yellow ice cream cone on top
Ice cream truck

One was used at the entrance as the Ice cream parlor name.
Ice cream party entrance decorations  with giant ice cream shop sign
Ice cream party ideas
 Initially, the idea was to put the Neon sign outside but as the party was in the daytime light wasn't bright enough to be seen.



Here is the fake neon sign which I made.

Ice cream neon sign
Fake Neon Ice cream Sign

Piñata 

And as you all know none of my parties are complete without a Piñata. I did a giant Popsicle Piñata this time. Pinatas are always fun to have at a party !!




yellow pink Popsicle Giant Piñata
Ice cream party Piñata
Giant popsicle piñata,#icecreampartypinata



Lemonade Stand 

Below is the Lemonade stand which I made to add some summer fun. It is also a great prop for photography. The below photo is from the photo shoot which I did with my kids before the party as I know parties are really busy and I always end up not clicking many photos with my kids.
If you would like to know the process of making it, please click the link DIY Lemonade Stand 
Lemonade stand with bunting and photography props
Lemonade stand




Ice cream party Favour bags: I used the template from this site https://www.bugaboocity.com/ice-cream-truck-treat-box  to make these cute ice cream truck shape treat boxes. They looked adorable only thing is it was a bit consuming to make them. So word of caution if you have to make them in numbers.

Ice cream party return gift boxes 



Ice Cream Party Food
The cake is the most exciting part for kids and this time I did anti-gravity giant ice cream cone cake as below.
Anti -gravity giant pink yellow ice cream cone cake
Anti-gravity ice cream cone cake
The most challenging part was to restrict the height of the cake under 90 cms as it had to be placed under the table canopy so as to be seen.

Apart from the cake, I made ice cream cone cupcakes, Yes you heard it right these cuties were baked in an ice cream cone itself and decorated with buttercream icing.


Ice cream cone cupcakes
Ice cream cone cupcakes


I also made cake pops which were placed in ice cream cones. They were decorated with glaze and sprinkles on top. They looked adorable. These were then placed in the hand made cardboard carts.
Yellow ice cream cardboard table cart for food display .
Handmade cardboard ice cream cart





Ice cream cones cake pops for the ice cream theme party
ice cream cone cake pops displayed in handmade cardboard ice cream cart

Homemade ice cream shaped cookies





Apart from this I did Popsicle shaped sandwiches, Popsicle shaped watermelon pieces. Sorry, I don't have any pictures of sandwiches.






For adults, I baked cones as below and then filled them with chickpeas chaat. They looked beautiful and tasted great. As I wanted these cones to stand, I made a wooden stand for it as well. This party did improve my carpentry skills 😉. Okay let me not take full credit for this one, honestly, it was a time-consuming task and my dear husband came to my rescue.

Ice cream party food ideas 




Ice cream party games
To keep kids entertained I planned a few games like potato sack race, it's one classic game of all time.



outdoor party games, sack races



I also got a giant bubble blowing kit. We blew Giant bubbles and little ones loved it. They were so happy to play with bubbles alone.
I had also planned games like ice cream cone race (inspired by classic egg spoon race) But we never played it in the party as kids had so many other outdoor things to explore. 
But you can make kids play at your party. I just made paper cones and had one plastic ball in each and they just have to race to make sure the ball doesn't fall off the cone It goes with the theme and kids will love it. My kids played it at home after the party.

Ice cream cone race party games
ice cream party games

As I said earlier this party was so much fun to put together. I hope you like the ideas from this party. Do leave me your views and comments.


Comments

  1. Very nice theme your ideas are always innovative keep going beta

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment